Friday, January 27, 2012

week of injections!

So this week at the VA my morning patient was quite difficult, in that he was very particular in what he wanted and he wasn't real nice about it either. He wanted to be anesthetized in his whole mouth for the cleaning and since not every quad can be anesthetized at once I numbed one quad, scaled, numbed the second, scaled, and so on. But I got to do 8 injections so it was a good experience. My patient also had extreme tissue sloughing all over his mouth even on his tongue, it would wipe off with gauze but looked super sore. We had a dentist look at it and give an okay to move forward since it wasn't bothering the patient, but I had never seen sloughing that extreme before. Lunch was great :) we will leave it at that. My afternoon patient was a super nice old man. He got in the chair and I took his vitals. His first BP reading was around 159/85 I told him that sometime the initial reading is high so we left it on. The next two readings proceeded to jump drastically, it got up to 200/118! It was pretty unreal but the patient said that he felt fine. Since we couldn't continue with treatment he was dismissed. He was so sweet and said he was sorry, like it was his fault, I hope he recovers well. Thursday I saw my old roommate and finished her quite early. My afternoon patient had canceled the night before and the one I had found later that day canceled on me, I wasn't feeling well so I got an okay to go home. Altogether I feel like I am not going fast enough on my requirements, I can't find the patients I need, let alone have them show up! I hope things change quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment