Thursday, February 2, 2012
FMX? absolutely!
Morning patient no showed, story of my life. I was sitting up front trying to find someone to come in when the clinic phone rang. I am sure glad I answered it because a guy wanted to come in to get a full mouth of xrays taken, he actually came in a half an hour later and I got 20 films done! sweet. So my afternoon patient was quite the character. I had met her once before when she dropped off a list of her medications. I walked up to her and said hi and then she randomly said "I have a twin!" to which I replied wow that's cool, so do I. She then said "I am a liar.. I don't have a twin." .... alright.... that's randomly strange... so I bring her back and she says she is afraid of the dentist and hates going, I go to take her blood pressure and she says "that is gonna hurt my arm I have arthritis." That was the beginning of a very particular patient... I couldn't probe sufficiently because she was jumpy and sensitive, I did what I could and then decided I'd clean a quad at a time. I ended doing a right IA, which went pretty well and I was able to clean the LR without errors (I even got a class III out of her) the appointment was challenging at times but we both had a sense of humor about it and overall it went really well. I walked her up front and she wanted to make sure I had room to see her again because she said she really liked me, so soon enough she will be back in my chair again. Thank goodness the day is over though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment