Monday, February 27, 2012

midtown dental screening

Today as part of a project a few of us went to the  midtown health center to do free oral cancer screenings in hopes of finding potential board patients. We got there to set up, little did we know that our examination room was an actual patient room and was super small! Luckily we got to use the room next to it. We had three girls and one patient in each room at a time. I was up at the front collecting paperwork and escorting the patients back and forth, it kind of felt like I was an employee, it was fun :) All together I think we screened about 10 people, so not nearly as many as we'd hoped for but I think there were a few people who might qualify for our boards. A lot of the patients didn't speak English so I was trying to freshen up on my Spanish speaking skills, I took Spanish in junior high but don't remember much of it. Boards are getting closer and I am pretty sure I will use the patient I've planned on, she is pretty reliable and I know she qualifies. I hope that everyone else can find theirs soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment