Thursday, January 19, 2012

win some lose some

So I feel like I was mentally and physically prepared for today (our second mockboard). This morning I was an examiner and we took our LA mockboard written test, I have to brag a little bit because this was the only good news of the day, I got a 100%, so cool, but hey I did read the whole textbook I'd look pretty dumb at this point if I didn't do well on it. So in the afternoon I tell my patient to be here by 12:20, she shows up a little bit past 12:30, I take 4 PA's on her, but two get lost, (they are eventually found) but that sets my nerves off, great I haven't even started. So I take her back get everything signed start cleaning and she flinches, I told her I want her to be comfortable, but she has never had an injection and doesn't want one, so I continue. I finished about a half and hour early and send her to get checked. Comes back with quite a few errors to say the least. Perry comes over to help me correct them, and told me to get more comfortable with positions, and that I CAN cross 12:00 into 2:00, which helps a lot. He told me to explore my way then switch position and explore the other way, that helps I can feel the areas I missed. So with those tips I hope that next time I will be more successful. Might I add that my patient was a TALKER, "What was my probe depth, what are you doing, what do the letters means, where are my bad areas?" Gosh please stop talking, thanks! I can't be mad because she is super nice and likes me a lot I am just worried because she is my next mock and actual board patient. I am also worried because she had tenacious calculus as was stated by Perry himself. But I am not giving up I'm gonna keep on going, all I can do is my best, you win some and lose some!

No comments:

Post a Comment