Sunday, March 18, 2012

What a morning

I woke up every two hours last night dreading this morning....

6:30 AM: just putting on my makeup trying to wake up, my final board is in and hour and a half.
6:55 AM: phone call from my patient. "I have been up all night sick, can I come in at a later time?"
what?????? "I am super sick, I know this is a test, but I don't think I can make it." um uh speechless, uh let me call you back. (For those who remember my last mockboard when she was sick it was not the best experience ever, I knew that if she came today it would be awful, and believe me if I could have found someone else I'd be all over that) I get off the phone in tears and send a 7 AM mass text to my classmates trying to figure out if there was still a back up patient. Seriously is this even happening?? I have been preparing for this for two years.... I don't get a definite answer from anyone so I pack up and go to the school. LUCKILY there was a patient seen friday that was a possible back up. I call him up (it's 7:30, on a Sunday) and he agrees to be there by 8. He shows up, his x-rays were already complete, and he gets accepted on the first submission = AMAZING. I honestly do not know if I passed but I do believe a miracle has occurred. Thank you girls for helping me this morning and thanks for those who screened back ups, I am forever indebted to you... I am amazed at how many emotions you can feel in a span of a few hours, I am so glad that is over and I hope it was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment