Wednesday, March 7, 2012

braces :/

Today at the VA my morning patient was an older guy with braces. Not just braces but bars, elastics and all the goods. That is the second patient at the VA I've seen with braces. Let me tell you you have to get creative with probing and using the ultrasonic. By creative I mean REAL creative because nothing fits anywhere with all of that stuff in the way. Once I got to scaling his linguals I was shouting for joy because they were unobstructed. Needless to say I got a pano, btws, 1 PA, perio chart, cleaning, and exam done! And then my afternoon patient didn't show up. I walked around to see if any doctors would let me anesthetize their patients but they didn't have patients coming until three. That would have been fine but we actually got done and out of the VA before 4! that NEVER happens so it was nice. By the way for those inquiring I got my book back (If you know what that is referring to) and to top it, he was the exam doctor, we were civil it was fine yada yada. We only have two more sessions at the VA, hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment