Monday, January 3, 2011

Guess Who's Back?

Alright my blog, I am back in clinic and surprisingly I haven't forgotten as much as I thought I had (of course this is our first day back from a month long break). So I've been thinking and well my blog is feeling rather ultra-boring... so I guess I need to snaz it up! Not sure how this will come about but it's worth a try. Well today in clinic we learned how to use the ultrasonic scaler and so far it's annoying me I can't get the hang of it and I feel like it doesn't pull it's weight! I'm sure it will get easier the more I practice but it doesn't produce that specific scraping noise to tell me if I am getting off the calculus it's just an annoying high pitched buzz. Well then we learned how to use our Gracey's and those are pretty fun but a little confusing on instrument placement and proper working end I was particularly confused whilst using a 15/16 to scale the distal and I almost stumped my professor as well until she realized that um hello!? the 15/16 is for the mesial... yes it might help to be using the correct instrument! Once I corrected myself I could definitely hear that sweet sweet sound and all was well until I decided to confuse myself again but don't worry I don't care to share any more on my confusion. I'll just end by saying that I see my dad for the second time this wednesday and I'm anticipating it will be a lot of work but I'll let you know how it goes!

1 comment: