Wednesday, March 2, 2011

It is wise to always have a patient scheduled

Today I didn't have a patient scheduled, so this is how the day went... I show up, set up,  knowing that if all else fails I can pass off my sharpening PE. I look at the resource list and find one little lonely name highlighted in yellow (meaning the patient can come in whenever). Turns out he was a class 3 which I needed but he was under the name of a senior student. I call the student and she says she thinks he is really good at no showing. I look in his chart and also see that he doesn't speak english so I have Mr. Solomon call for me. Well he was at work and can't come in until next Wednesday (great, I have that day free too). So I go back to my pod and sit down to pass off my PE and Mr Solomon comes in and says there is someone in the waiting room who wants a cleaning. Even though it is now around 9:30 I bring her back. She didn't need xrays but I was able to complete her OD, and I got one of her quads classified as a 2, nice! I was also able to pass of my PE. All around the day was quite stressful but I survived! Man we are getting close to the end...

1 comment:

  1. Your a lucky duck! Thats awsome that you found a class 2 and 3 :)

    ReplyDelete