Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Day Of Cancellations

Well this first one is my fault, I forgot to confirm my morning patient last night, she didn't show up. Called, left a voicemail, she called back said her daughter was sick she couldn't come in. Okay so I look at my list of patients that I was emailed, call almost all of them, no answer. One lady talked my ear off trying to schedule her and her husband for another time (I couldn't understand her english) so about 9:20 Mr. Solomon finds a lady that wants to be seen. She gets there at like 9:30, has to fill out a new health history, doesn't speak english...Well all I had time to do was an OD, apparently that's all they did last year when she came in so she really wants her teeth cleaned soon, good, I schedule her for next week. Eat lunch. Patient in the afternoon, spanish speaking, doesn't show up, Mr. Solomon calls like three times, nothing. Okay great. Hey there is a guy in the waiting room that wants to be seen its now like 1:00. New patient, I take him back, prepare to take 4 btws and 1 pa.. I SUCK at xrays today, 3 retakes, boo, seriously don't know how that whole process took an hour but after that I was able to complete his treatment, 4 quads 1b, better than nothing (by the way he had a wheeled backpack as well as a regular back pack with him, musta had a lota stuff, and he was either singing or talking to himself as I wrote in his chart, what a character). sigh, glad today is over, better luck next time!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Madi, and I thought my day was interesting. I saw that kid at lunch time, he was wheeling his backpack into the clinic while everyone was at lunch...but then he wheeled it back into the waiting room. I'm so sorry you had such a rough day....here's to a brighter future!

    ReplyDelete