Tuesday, September 13, 2011
class IV
So today was good and not so good. My first patient was a class IV, sweet! I was able to finish his OD and take x-rays, it took forever to probe because wow it was the first time I had seen a pocket bigger than 5 mm... plus there was biofilm everywhere I had to continually wipe off my probe just to see the reading. He was really nice and was okay with coming back, I am using him for my eagle soft patient on the computer and possibly for my mockboard, we shall see. My second patient came in, little did I know she had an artificial joint placed in February, I asked her for her Dr.s information to send them a physicians consult, looked it all up and called to verify everything, turns out she gave me the name of her primary care physician so they had to look in her chart to find out who did the surgery, once I got that information I called the right office and was told she would need pre-medication, but since they wanted her to have 8 tablets of the antibiotic, which was quite high, we decided to have them call in the prescription for her to get at the pharmacy. So in the end we had to send her on home, I wasn't even able to take x-rays :( But on the bright side I was able to get most of my previous patients info into eagle soft and I really like computerized charting! I didn't accomplish much today but I learned quite a lot. Back at it tomorrow at the VA, stay tuned
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment