Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Today I was lucky...
Well folks today was a worst case scenario turned into a pretty great scenario. My patient didn't show, he was scheduled at nine so I am already short an hour, but he never came (He is a friend, but I am now debating that status) You see for a hygiene student, a "no-show" = NO GOOD. So here is what I did, looked at the resource list (people on a list who want to be seen) and I called the first name I saw that said "on call" I asked the patient if he was in the area (I guess he is from Bountiful) and if he could get to the clinic within 20 minutes and that we could probably get some x-rays taken for him. He said he was on the road but He'd turn around and come on up. Wow, that was lucky! Well that phone call was made at like 25 after 9 and he arrived around 9:45. So I go look at his previous chart, made all the updates (which was somewhat time consuming) and got it signed. He needs 4 btws and a PA, I take them and SAVE them on the computer but when I went to pull it up in clinic nope, no x-rays found. CRAP. Well after some searching and digging by Mr. Solomon we came to find out my patients name was in the computer twice with his last name spelled almost identical but one letter differently. So I was pulling up the wrong one, which of course had no treatment record at all. Well good thing we checked the other one before I retook the x-rays, because the other name listing had them. So after that fiasco with the help of others I made a tx plan and checked him out. All in all I wasn't terribly late and things ended up working out, he is even coming back to get the cleaning done too! He was a very nice guy and very understanding of my slowness and heck he came in at spur of the moment so today I was LUCKY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment