Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I've seen better days...

Well today started out rough. First of all my alarm didn't go off and I woke up at 7:40 (we are supposed to arrive to clinic at 7:50) I ended being about 20 minutes late to class. Thankfully my other pod members had set up my chair before I got there. Secondly I forgot to sterilize the instrument set up for that day and didn't remember until last night, luckily my peer pal let me use one of her packets, which saved my butt (not good to get two bad marks for the day) In clinic we learned how to do an extra-oral exam and proper positioning of the mirror and probe as well as where to place your hands to reduce strain and support your weight as you work inside the mouth. I am getting the hang of body positioning and how to view all areas of teeth most effectively. I have now taken three tests for my classes and have done pretty well on all of them. I am gearing up for our first big hygiene test that opens Saturday and preparing to take another test tomorrow morning. I am looking forward to attend the Utah Dental Hygiene Association convention on friday and hope I learn a lot and receive some great samples :) You should hear from me again next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment